I began climbing in 2000, in a small gym in Northern Virginia. Who would have ever thought I would end up where I am today, dangling from fingertips on unclimbed routes, at home and abroad? Climbing is not a sport for me, but an ethos. It informs how I act, where I go, and the way I behave outside of climbing, as well. In climbing I find peace, solitude, and inspiration to bring to other important aspects of my life.
2000 - 2006
- Began climbing at Sportrock Climbing Gym, 2000.
- Setting routes and managing climbing wall, 2004-2006.
- Summers in Estes Park, CO. Learning to trad/alpine climb.
- Climbing trips to Thailand, China, Spain, France, Morrocco, around the US.
- No Hay Hoyes (5.11a, 6 pitches, Haab-Kalman). Cochamo, Chile.
- Las Manos del Dia (5.11+, 12 pitches, Kalman-Seeliger-Simmons). Cochamo, Chile.
- The Doppler Effect (5.12b, 16 pitches, Kalman-Moore-Varney). Cochamo, Chile.
- El Filo la Aleta de Tiburon (5.10+, 10 pitches, Haenel-Kalman-Siadak). Cochamo, Chile.
- Siete Venas (5.12b, 10 pitches, Hardgrove-Kalman-Kelly-Oakley). Cochamo, Chile.
- The One That Got Away (5.11C1, 1500', Kalman-Siadak).
- A Fine and Pleasant Romp (5.11+, 1500', Cavill-Kalman).
- Standard Deviation (5.11+C1, 1500', Kalman-Oakley-Smith).
- PDL, Me and My Arrow (both 5.11-, both 800', Kalman).
- Paradise Lose (5.11c2, 1000', Kalman).
**All in Sequoia National Park
- First 5.13s.
- No new routes :( too busy writing.
I have been a brand ambassador since 2012. I am proud of the brands that support me, and in turn, I support them proudly.
I have represented my sponsors at trade shows, in slideshows throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Pacific Northwest regions, and through blog posts and other media contributions.
If you are interested in having me represent your brand, please send me an inquiry.